Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Hiking We Will Go...

Yesterday was a fun day. It started off a little slow with daily household duties but my 12:00 we went for a hike with a bunch of friends. I think there was about 6-7 adults and 12 children. Along the way we saw remenents of animals and tons and tons of moss, even a snake which the boys tried to catch.
Fossil hunting was going on too and the dogs, Logan and Timber had a ball checking out everything!

I actually got all the kids to sit down for this pic...it was after a jelly bean refueling!

The highlight I do have to say was another eagle siting. I am so lucky to have these great photos of this incredible bird. I almost didn't bring my camera...can you imagine!!!
Nancy had brought us into a clearing and told us about an eagles nest. After several minutes we spotted the eagle head popping out of the nest. She kept turning and looking at us I am assuming in disgust because everyone was invading her privacy.

She then took off in flight and circles over our heads for a good 5 minutes! What a site to see!


Check out her eye!

I love this photo...the sun was so bright overhead and there she is right in the middle! Lucky us who got to see this amazing site! Now I know where she lives I will be visiting often!!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Great pics Dani! Looks like so much fun - I am LOVING this weather we're finally getting. Whoo HOO!

Dani said...

Me too Sue! Graydon and I just spent the morning at our creek behind our house...

Now yard work!!

Susan said...

Hey Dani! Listen, I MAY be going back to work full time sometime in May - the first thing back on our list is to get cleaners back in here... we've had the same group here for some time, but Mark mentioned you do that and I think I read it on your blog... will you email me at markklumpp@hotmail.com and we can talk if you are still even doing that and have time and are looking for new clients? We're real easy and flexible! Swear.