Monday, July 27, 2009

The Weekend Festivities

What another whirl wind weekend we had. Friday ended up at a friends house for several hours hanging out with people that Todd went to high school with. It was a great time and the kids all had a blast playing together. We ended up home pretty late and off to bed we went for an early wake up call.
***
Saturday morning was packing up the cars and heading out to the Greene Arts and Crafts Show EARLY! We set up, the sun came out and it was a gorgeous day! Hoards of people roamed the streets of Greene looking for that treasure. I saw a lot of people that I knew and it is always such a fun time! Business was pretty good. I met my goal for the day so I was satisfied with the day. It is always so hard prepping for something like this because you never know what will sell and what people are interested in!
***
So off to bed early we went on Saturday night for another early wake up call. This time for the Tim Fancher Memorial 5K race in Great Bend, PA. Graydon wanted to do the kids run and I was doing the 5K. Friends of ours (Hi Kim) raced also! The above pic is us before the races.
It was quite the humid day for a run but a lot of people showed up and I knew some of the runners which was great. Graydon and Anastasia (on Graydons left) headed out on the run.

I think it was about 1/2-3/4 of a mile...


Here is my kid in 1st place!!! Go Graydon!!!
He has pretty good running form too!

So in the end, Graydon got 1st and Anastasia came in 2nd. I was so proud of these two!! Maybe we have a couple of new runners in the family!

Kim and I before the race!! She has been such a good friend. She's a great running partner who encourages me to get out there and perform!!
THANKS KIM!!

Yours truly!!
I came in 3rd in my age bracket!! I was so surprised!!! I guess it was a good day for a run!! After the race, Todd dropped me off at the Red and White close to our home so I could put another 4-1/2 miles in to meet my 7 mile quota for the day. You know I gotta keep to the training schedule or else I'll never be ready for the race in October!

Me and my buddy after the race!! I'm so proud of him!!

No comments: