Thursday, December 17, 2009

NYC and Martha Stewart

So in the madness of Christmas shopping and getting the house ready, yesterday Michelle (my co-hort) and I took a little trip to Tannersville, PA for a little shopping, had a delicious dinner at an incredible Italian restaurant, spent the night in Secaucus New Jersey and headed today to NYC for the Martha Stewart Show.
The above photo is our view of NYC from our hotel room in the morning!!!
How stunning!!
We headed to the studio at 7:30AM with a call time of 8:30AM. Thinking that we had enough time to get breakfast before the show, we mistakenly timed our arrival wrong! Bummer, no coffee for me and believe me the headache set in. Thank goodness I had gum and water...I even swallowed my gum so my stomach wouldn't growl. Pathetic huh!!

We had to wait outside for about 1/2 hour and it was sooooo chilly. That NYC wind just blew down the street as if there was a tunnel around us. It was about 21 degrees out and being all dressed up, (as this was our assignment because it was a cocktail party and Martha required us to look our best), we were slightly frozen by the time we actually got into the studio!
We were finally ushered in the studio and then up into the actual studio where she tapes. The show surprisingly started an hour early and we were all done by 11:05. We had some delicious cocktails during the taping and also received a few free gifts. All in all it was a nice show and let me tell you, Martha was in rare form!!

Rare form you might ask...yes. Very funny and candid, especially about drinking. The show today was the last taped show of 2009 and I think she was starting to party a little early!!
But in all she is a beautiful lady...

...with very skinny legs!!

After the show we headed to Mustang Sally's for a well deserved lunch and also to get warmed up!! We decided to hit a few little stores near there and ended up in the flower district of NYC. Neat to see, the street were lined with evergreens, trees, branches and many other things! I purchased a little tiny live Christmas tree. I think it is only about 7-8" tall. Very cute!!
We also went into a very cramped store that had many, many silk flowers. While walking down the aisle, I thought that this cat was fake. He was curled up sleeping in this pot of silk flowers. I walked over to where he was and started petting him. He woke up and crawled into my lap where he proceeded to purr. Ohhh, I could have taken him home!!!
So in all, it was a fun, busy, jam packed two days. Thanks Michelle for a great time!!
Now, back to reality...7 days to go!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thanks for a fun time! Singing Christmas carols with our own lyrics while waiting to get through the Lincoln Tunnel... My toes hurt from those d#!n shoes! Really, next time we MUST take the limo (ha ha ha!).