Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lazy Sunday

Sundays are made for sleeping in and lounging around all day. That is how the morning started off for me today...sleeping in til 7:30!! A nice change in pace since we are usually up at the crack of day getting ready for school and work. After I got up I enjoyed a hot cup of coffee and watched yet more snow come down. We certainly are not lacking in the snow business. Of course winter started off pretty quiet with the snow and let me tell you in is ending with a doozy. Hopefully this will be it for a while...I love winter but onto green grass and blue skies.
***
I got my running clothes on, filled my water bottle, chowed down on a power bar and ate 1/2 of my gu (carb supplement to sustain me during my run). I headed out to drop off the waters on my route and parked the car. I warmed myself up with some stretches and plugged the i-pod in. I headed out for a lovely 9 mile run. It was so pretty to run today...Mother Nature painted the trees with white and the freshly new fallen snow added a nice cleanliness to the ground. Unlike the salty, sandy snow that lined the roads I ran on. What a mess!!!
***
The snow started coming down in spurts which made it a little difficult to see. My eye lashes were covered at one point and I had to stop to wipe my face off. 1/2 way done and I was feeling good!! I started in around 5 miles and Todd and Graydon came looking for me...with the camera. I was all well and fine when they left and I usually bring my cell phone just in case of an emergency and today I wish I had not forgotten it. I headed up a long hill and felt a little twinge of pain in my left knee. I tried to talk myself out of the pain and will it away but it was a nagging pain that came and went. Exactly like after the 1/2 marathon I did. I think my ITB is really causing havoc on my leg. It is the band that runs from your hip to your knee and when it acts up, it makes for a miserable daily trudge. I thought at one point I may have to end this thing and flag someone down for a ride back to the car but I finished and I am glad I did.
***
So for the rest of the day I have been resting, icing and napping!!!
Hopefully it helps!

1 comment:

The French Bear said...

I hope this isn't a problem that will hinder your running progress!!! Looks like you have a lot of snow!!!
Cheers,
Margaret B