Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Between Here and There

I feel like I am caught in the middle of an endless cycle. I have no motivation for creating thus I have no artwork to speak of. My lack of sleep has gotten the best of me and although going to bed at either 9:30 or 12:30 at night my internal body clock wakes me after 2 hours of sleep and I am unable to try and coax myself back to sleep.
Why?
I'm not sure....
I know I should most likely get up and be creative but how creative can you possibly be at 3:00 in the morning, dark, cold and miserable.
So, the brighter side of things is my eye for beauty around me. I constantly take my camera with me wherever I go, so I am lucky to be able to capture these images.
***
If any of you have ideas to help this poor girl sleep...
please let me know. I am up for anything!


2 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

i take it the sangria isn't helping? just kidding. poor thing, i hope you can get some rest soon. sounds like your mind is racing too much at night. follow your muse, is she calling to you at 3am? why not try it- maybe that's the problem. do something low key like draw in a sketchbook or something.
good luck!

Vicki said...

I can't tell you how many women I know are having the same problem. i don't know if it's the economy, our too busy lives or what, but being exhausted changes you. It sounds weird, but I microwave a cup of organic milk and then do progressive relaxation. Soft flannel sheets help too. Good Luck.