Tuesday, May 4, 2010

One Man's Trash...

Is another man's treasure!!!
I was up at the crack of dawn this morning, well not really it was still pitch dark outside when I left the house. I set the alarm for 4:30 AM, out of the house by 4:45 and at the studio by 5:00AM. Why you might ask? Because I had one full day of work-work ahead of me and I really needed to get to the studio to get all my glazing done so I could run my kiln tonight. I need to get them all done so I can price them and get them all loaded up for the trip to the sale this weekend.
***
So why does the above and below photo have anything to do with it?
While I was driving to my first job almost in a coma sucking down my 6th cup of coffee, I drove right past these two pieces of furniture out at the curb. After almost spilling my coffee all down the front of me, I did a quick u-turn in the middle of the road and pulled up next to them. I quick looked around to see if anyone else was coming but...
YAY for me, no-one!!!
***
I grabbed these two and threw them in my car.
SCORE!!!
Now I know what you might be thinking...
Yes...I admit, I am a garbage picker.
As my husband and son love to call me...GP, for short.
I love to find things on the side of the road and take them home, re-do them and turn them into something that fits right in to my life.
***
So for now, I have these two little gems and I am not sure where I will put them. The table will most likely be in the garage for now to use as a workspace. The little wash stand needs some TLC and might fit in nicely in our bedroom. But they both will be taking a back burner for a little while, I need to get some pottery and yard work under my belt before I take them on.
***
Oh, and BTW...
Wait to you see the dresser I found last year!! It is HUGE and in need of a remake. Stay tuned for that one
:)

No comments: