Monday, October 6, 2008

I have been a little absent this weekend. I was so busy working on things that I neglected my blog. Friday night was spent running errands and having dinner with Todd and Graydon at Moe's (Mexican...yumm!) I picked up a huge bucket of plaster at AC Moore for the above project. I had an idea in my head all week long and finally on Saturday I was able to sit down and work on it. If you can't tell, it is a tree of life. I used that as a focal point in the design and under that I did write welcome. Everything is hand carved and it took me over 4 hours to do. I was obsessed with it. I would leave it for a while and then come back to it. It really turned out great and the only downside of it, is the original is lost in the mold making process. I did cast it in plaster and hopefully by this afternoon I will be able to make my first plaque. Stay tuned for the finished project.
************************
Needless to say I have been making a bunch of pottery, a little obsessed with it now. I went to bed thinking about what I was going to make today and it did indeed keep me up for quite a long time. On top of the pottery keeping me up, my hands hurt like crazy! They are so dry, split and sore! My palms (carpal tunnel area) hurt so bad. I need a deep tissue massage just on my hands. Maybe, I'll use a gift certificate that I have on Wednesday and treat myself to a hour long massage. Sounds good huh! I have never experienced this problem due to throwing before. I'm sure the 4 hours long carving session didn't help matters.
*********************
Well, I'm off to throw. Wish me success!

2 comments:

Round Rabbit said...

You've been tagged! If you want to play along just visit my blog for the rules.

I'm loving that carved thingy you are working on! :)

Dani said...

Thanks Nancy,

I love it too! I can't wait to see it glazed!