Monday, February 9, 2009

A Sunday Recap

Yesterday was Great! I stayed in my pajamas all day long and played! I did end up doing some house things like dishes and laundry but for the most I hung out, played on the computer, listed some items on Thistle Farm and ebay, I played on the Wii Fit and created these four butter dishes.
***
The one in the upper front left is an oak leaf and acorn butter dish using actual acorns and leaves that were then molded into plaster. I pushed the clay into the relief to form the leaves and the acorns. Behind that is a conversation block that I have been making. As fast as I make them they sell. You can group them or use them individually. Each block has a different pattern on it and saying. This one happens to say "Dream".
***
Today was a busy day as usual. I worked at our pottery studio (Roberson Museum) this morning from 9:30-12:30 and then stayed until 1:30 to glaze a bunch of pieces that I fired in my kiln this weekend. It is so much fun to be able to take a lump of clay and mold in into an object that is functional. It is also satisfying to use a piece of your own pottery to either eat from or cook in. I guess it is the sense of pride I take in all my pieces. Sure there are some that I don't mind getting rid of but I know the person that they go to will appreciate the time it takes to create it...at least I hope!!
***
On that note for all of your creators of art...rock on!!

No comments: