Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Busy,Busy, Busy

I have been so terribly busy lately that blogging, again, has taken a backseat to my life. Last week was full of work, lacrosse games, amongst many other things. This past weekend was a full one too. Friday afternoon we sat in a very hot gymnasium to watch our kid compete in the annual dodge ball tournament at school. He had a stacked team and was determined to win. Well in the end, they walked away with the trophy and also their team (4th graders) beat the 6th graders...all of their heads barely fit out the door. It was great to see Graydon interact with his friends. I hope in the end, these friends will be with him through all his life. They all are a great bunch of personalities.
***
Saturday was a long hot run for me. 7 miles in the blazing sun but I felt awesome and it was a great run. I am gearing up for a race in July up in Utica, New York. It is a 15K and I am determined to pull a great time. I have been training a lot on hills around our house and it really seems to be helping my longer runs be more time efficient.
***
We had tons of mulch delivered last week...6 yards to be exact. The rest of the weekend during the day was spend weeding and mulching. We still have a lot more to do and the pile of mulch seems to be still there, without even a big dent in it. But the yard is starting to shape up nicely and I'll post photos of that later.
***
Sunday night I was able to see my best friend. She lives in Long Island and I never really get to see her. I think maybe the last time was almost 2 years ago. We have been friends since 1990 and I love her to death. We go without talking for months on end and then when we do finally talk, we pick right back up where we left off. Hopefully this summer we will head down there for some family fun.
The above photo is an Indian Wedding Vase I made for a wedding we are attending in two weeks. It is for Todd's cousin and she is so excited to get it. It's made of porcelain and is slowly drying right now and will be bisque fired and glazed this week. The color is going to be a nice soft gray to go along with their wedding colors.
I can't wait to see them use it during the ceremony,
it really means a lot to me that they asked me to make this for them!!!

No comments: