Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday's Pets

As I was walking around the yard today I realized that I really needed to capture some animal moments...

The above photo is one of the two Rose-Breasted Grosbeaks that frequent the feeders. They are so pretty to watch...very graceful flying with their beautiful colors showing in full force.

Next onto the milkweed that is invading my yard. I don't have the heart to pull it out because the monarch butterflies love it and lay their eggs on it. It is almost time to start seeing them fluttering around the yard.
Now here is my buddy...
***
I was in my garage tonight working on some pottery and he was hanging out under the feeder filling his cheeks. I went into the house to get my camera and perched myself on the driveway and waiting until he was comfortable with me being there so I could snap a few.


This one cracks me up with his little miffed mouth...

Now he finally was comfortable with me that he filled his cheeks not quite full.
I am determined to get this little one to eat from my hand before summer is over!

No comments: