Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Picking

So my good friend Michelle called me up this morning and asked if I wanted to go berry picking. I have been slightly (to say the least) under the weather, so I sucked it up and headed out with her. We went to the local berry picking place called Apple Hills and proceeded to head out into a very weedy patch. Strawberry picking obviously has been going on for a little while now as they were sort of picked over. On top of that, all the rain we have been getting have made the slugs come out in full force. Lots and lots of berries with big holes in them...YUCK!! Nothing worse that picking a berry and your finger goes into it because of the hole.
Although I said the picking wasn't very good, I came home with a tray full and lots in my belly. I may make a strawberry/rhubarb pie tomorrow.
But they just may be eaten as is...

This little green grasshopper was following me up the path when I was leaving...

Now, onto cherry picking. The trees were plenty full with ripe and unripe fruit but unfortunately the rain has made the cherries split. I had to pick through the trees to find the good ones but let me tell you, there were lots!

It was a pretty walk through the trees...

And just some of the bounty.

Now I just need to get a cherry pitter.

1 comment:

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

There is nowhere here in the desert to pick such lovely fruit! At least not at this time of year... I did have some nice strawberries in my garden last month, though.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind words about Angel. Really missing her around here these days....