Monday, September 22, 2008

Workshop Weekend 2

What a whirlwind weekend I had. I had the Sandi P.'s workshop at the studio all weekend long. It was so much fun being with all my friends and learning so much. I felt like I had known Sandi all my life (that's her in the above photo), she's just that kind of person. I would LOVE to go and visit her studio in Philadelphia during her open house and sale at Christmas time. At least Phili isn't that far away from here...roughly 3-1/2 hours.
Here are some of my treasures I made this weekend. This just happens to be the stuff I made on Sunday. The front two odd shaped things are salt and pepper shakers, the tea pot which drove me crazy the whole time I was building it, turned out fairly well. I kept on saying that it looked like a grenade. The little figure in the middle is going to be my kiln god once I get my kiln up and running again. My friend Brenda made the "poncho" and I sculpted the head. He's hysterical looking and hopefully will bring me luck. The other objects I made were a cool box with a wavy bottom, a 3 footed pot and an adorable pitcher. I'll show these once I glaze and fire them in the next few weeks.
*****************
All in all it was a great weekend, I missed my family but it was fun being with friends and eating TONS of great food. Now I have to get into wedding gear mode as my cousins wedding is this weekend, I have a full week of work and I have tons of things to do!
Well I'm off...Happy Monday!

No comments: