Thursday, April 1, 2010

Crafty Challenge Thursday

There comes a time in your life where you just throw up your hands and say, I surrender. That is sort of where I am at this present time. I feel totally un-creative lately although there are a million ideas floating around in my little brain. I feel like running has halted since hurting my leg or more specific, ITB. Physical therapy has been helping but I am a little nervous to start running on it again for fear that it will really hurt me and set me back farther. But...I really need to run...it calms me and clears my head for other useless floaters that like to run through on a daily basis. Todd has not been feeling well so that has been extremely stressful in this household since then. Hopefully with the plan that we are going towards, within the next 4 weeks we'll see a drastic decrease in his blood pressure and he'll start feeling like a million bucks!
The non-creative side of me is driving the creative side NUTS!!! I start something and then kind of peter out after a while. These welcome tiles are prime example. I have had this piece of clay laying around for quite a while and intended to make a smaller welcome tile. Two nights ago, I finally started it and it took about 2-1/2 hours to carve. After carving I casted it in plaster to make a permanent mold for future use. If I were to hand carve each one of these, the price would be through the roof so casting them in plaster and just having to do some refining work, makes the price affordable for people. I can't wait to see what it looks like glazed!

So back to the owl welcome tile, I casted it in plaster and my intention was to make it interchangeable. I carved out the owl in the tree and added with some extra clay this adorable bunny. The bottom row is some wonky hearts but it can be changed into a persons last name or even the established date.
As in this owl welcome tile.
I have some sketches of cats, dogs, birds to also put into this tile.
Any other ideas...blast me a comment!

No comments: