Tuesday, April 27, 2010

15 Years Ago Today...

I know this man,
Who is near to my heart.
One day 15 vears ago,
It was torn all apart.
***
This man taught me everything
That I needed to know
But I never really listened,
Until he had to go.
***
He gave me love
And touched my life
He always taught me
wrong from right.
***
The day he left
I wasn't that strong
He has missed so many things
and has been gone so long.
***
But I will see him again
This I know
The day will come
When its time for me to go
***
So, I'll hold him dear
And close to my heart
Cause the day we meet
I know we'll never ever be torn apart
I miss you Dad and Love You!!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Dear Dani,
What a beautiful poem and what great pics. I'd never seen either of those photos. Really love the one on top ("Real men wear pink!"), and what a head of hair and beard in the other one! So great to look at those; they made me smile. I like to think of him as seeing all the amazing things you create, and what a great wife and mom you are. That's the best tribute we can give someone, to live our lives the way they'd want us to.
Love,
Aunt Diane

Dani said...

Thanks Aunt Diane...the top photo was I think from a graduation party in 1987 and the bottom photo is actually a photo with Uncle Jim in it. It was from 1978 Christmas. I'll send you the photo...

I appreciate the nice words. It is still amazing to me that he is gone. Seems just like yesterday he was walking around the house finding projects to do. I miss him everyday!!