Saturday, March 13, 2010

Double Runs...

So this weekend is the case of the double runs. I guess I didn't realize that the St. Patrick's run was this Saturday and the 1/2 marathon is on Sunday.
Whoopsie!!
Normally I would never do this but I think I have prepared myself pretty good for both runs. This morning started off pretty well. It was suppose to be a wash out with all the rain that we were suppose to be getting but it held off nicely for us. It did start sprinkling about 1/2 was through the race but it was the type of rain that I didn't mind at all. It was a little refreshing because I think I over dressed and I was getting pretty darn warm by that time. I finished about 1/2 way back in the pack. The official results will most likely be posted either later tonight or tomorrow so I will know more then of how I placed.
It was fun and I got to see a lot of friends.
And speaking of friends here are Ashley and Stephen from the (never home) maker blog. If you haven't checked out their blog yet you really need to. The have incredible recipes, great photographs and insite on the whole running world. They both are incredible runners and I am in awe of their speediness. Congratulations to them on their great run!!

And here is my friend Jim...it was his first race and he did AWESOME as well. I'm very proud of him and I am looking forward to many more races with him.

So tomorrow is a 1/2 Marathon in Rock Hill, New York. It is about an hour and a half from home which is not too bad of a drive. Very scenic and to boot Todd's aunt and uncle live down that way and have invited us to a corn beef and cabbage dinner after the race. Nice and salty and believe me I will be thinking about it the whole entire race.
***
I think I have figured something out during todays race. I really don't get my breathing down until about a mile and a half into the run and then by 4 miles I really start feeling good. I believe that I am meant to do the longer distance runs. I enjoy them much more than these quick little ones but that is not to say that I am stopping the 5K's and 4 milers. I just think I may be a little more selective of doing the shorter runs and concentrate on the longer ones.
***
So on that note...
rest is what I need
and
I will post later about the 1/2

No comments: