Another favorite of mine to throw is large platters. This happens to be 15" in diameter and I plan on putting some really great handles on this. It needs the handles because it is rather too large to handle with ease. It is going to make a great serving bowl or focal point for your dining room table. I have a some incredible rich glazes I plan on using on it.
This next piece may look like a cookie jar to you but it is going to be a compost pot. Just in time for the spring and all the gardening you have to do...just set this baby on your counter top and fill it with banana peels, coffee grounds, egg shells and more. It will force you to recycle and build a perfect compost bin outside. Here is a couple of ideas on composting.
- Start off with some sort of area that you are willing to make the trek to. Good compost shouldn't smell so it can be by your house.
- You can pick up a black compost bin at any Cooperative Extension for little money or just make your own. You can use the mounding method as I do because it is behind the barn or get some wire mesh from you hardware store with 4 posts. Put the 4 posts in the ground in a square formation. Use the wire and attach to the posts leaving the front open. This wire promotes air flow into the compost.
- Add a layer of grass clippings, leaves, grass clippings, leaves, kitchen scraps (please no meat), and then keep at it alternating everything.
- You might want to keep some sort of pitch fork nearby so you can turn it every once in a while.
- And before long you will have...
Use on your flowers or veggies...they will love it!
Remember, recycle and reuse is the rage!!!
Jump on the wagon!
I hope you enjoyed the creative photos above. Please check out my friends site. Hopefully she will post something before nights end and you can view her amazing work!! Not only does she make jewelry, she also in an amazing cook, sewer, builder and more...